Friday, February 23, 2007

In Pursuit...

Believe it or not I’m working a bit. I know some of you thought that would never happen. I’m doing a bit of substitute teaching. I’m not sure I’m going to keep doing it very long. I have an even greater respect for teachers now though. Some kids can be a pain in the butt.

I’m not stopping because of that though. The problem is a need to make some real money. Now I’ve never been one to seek high pay. I remember a time in college when I was looking at two different jobs. One job really scared me because they wanted to pay three times more than the other. The jobs were very similar. I didn’t want it to look like I was taking the higher pay. I’m not looking for great pay right now. I just need enough work and enough pay to pay the bills. Thankfully I don’t even have a lot of bills right now. Problem is I’m only getting a couple days of work a week.

So I’m looking into other options. I may still sub a bit on the side, but it won’t be a primary thing. I’ve talked to some people about waiting tables. I may look into a little more long term job possibilities if it looks like I might stay here a while.

I’m trying to make some long term decisions right now. A possibility to stay here has come up. Not yet sure if it is something I want to pursue. But I’m definitely praying a lot about it. I’ve also considered moving towards Baltimore. I’ve got a great friend up there. I’d love to spend some time around him and the community he pastors.

For a time in Africa I was miserable. I wasn’t happy with the job I was doing. I wasn’t happy with my community. I was dying. I was questioning if God ever even called me to Africa. I was in a tough place. I made a decision then that I never wanted to be in a place that I was that unhappy. I didn’t like waking up and going to work. I was miserable. I want to find a place and a work I’m excited about. I want to enjoy getting up and going to work. I want to be excited about what the day holds. I’m not there right now. I found that place again in Africa. It was so amazing; so fulfilling. I need to find that place again.