I am in a new country. I should be excited about it...I'm not. My visa will expire soon. I have to get a new one. I am now in the process. I am sitting in a room that will be mine for a while in Kenya. This should be like a vacation I don't have to pay for, but I don't feel that way.
I want to be home at work. I think part of the issue is that I am here alone. I'm not driving the road from Waco to home and I've just stopped for the night alone (which I enjoy) I am in a country I have never stepped foot into and I am here all alone. It is a bit uncomfortable. I'm not sure what to do or where to go to do it.
I don't want to sit in my room all week or two (we arent sure how long I'll be here). I want to enjoy the sites and the city and a new country. I want to meet people and see what life looks like here.
Although I may be home before these things post I will write as though you are reading as Im doing. My passport was DHLed today. They said it should reach the US by Thursday. At which point the visa service will go about acquiring a new visa. Then they mail it to a coworker in the states who will mail it here as fast as possible. The whole thing could take one week, could take two, could be longer.
So until I get my passport back I sit and wait.
James, the man who drove me from the airport to where I am staying was pretty cool. We had a great time talking about life here and how it compared to the states and where I live. It was good. It was a good sign that this could be a great trip.
The truth is I am excited for it to end. When it ends I return home. I move and shortly after my parents and two others from Paducah show up. Then a few days later my sister comes. I am so excited for my family to see this place I have fallenin love with and chosen to spend this part of my life in. It will be great. A highlight I expect.











|