Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Country Drive...

Pretty amazing day today. Sometimes I forget what a beautiful part of the country I live in. The chat in Nashville went well. There is a lot to be figured out and prayed through. But we had a good discussion. He helped me come to terms with some of the drawbacks, but not some of the others. It was good to meet with an old friend and share stories and talk about what the future may hold. We both shared some of our hopes for the future. He was willing to accept and be willing to work around the reality some of my hopes may determine what city I want to live in. Literally moments before that meeting at a post office in the mall I sent a resume to Dallas. I hope to hear something from the organization there soon. I’ve received lots of support to look into that option.

So the part about today starts with yesterday. When I finished in Nashville I drove south to see some of my best friends. I had a chance to stay with Chris and Amy. They’ve been married nearly 2½ years; how sad is it this is the first chance I’ve had to be in their home. We had a great time reconnecting and telling stories. It was so good to be with them.

This morning Amy had me share some at her church staff meeting. It was fun. I’ve forgotten how to lead something here though I’m afraid. I’m having to relearn it all.

I left there at 9:30 or so. Made a couple stops before leaving town. Then I began my journey. She lives about 3 hours south on the interstate. But I went home a different way. I spent a total of 20-30 miles on the interstate. The rest I did with back roads. It was great. I was able to see the beautiful hills of Tennessee. I saw homes, and horses, and cows, and little small town restaurants that I wish I had had the energy to stop and eat in. It was a beautiful day.

It really wasn’t though. It was cool and rainy; it was overcast even when the rains stopped. But I hardly noticed. I enjoyed the scenery so much. Some of you Texas folk out there might get mad, but I have to tell you…I like Texas. I lived there and may live there again soon. But it doesn’t hold a candle to the beauty of central Tennessee and western Kentucky.

Sometimes I forget to see the beauty of my surroundings. I get so busy living life I forget to watch life. Not today. Today I watched. I was so entranced by the scenery I almost had wrecks at two different stop lights. I forgot to pay attention to those.

I hope I never forget to relax and have days like today. No matter how busy everything around me gets.